When I can’t think of anything else to blog about, I like to share some of my pet peeves. Because why not. Don’t tell me you don’t like to talk about your pet peeves (and I would definitely like to hear what drives you up the wall).
1. People who don’t respond to email. Especially at work. I hate to keep sending ‘reminders’, because then the same people usually get annoyed with my nagging follow-ups, but good god, can you just respond already?
2. Recently, someone, that I didn’t recognize as someone I know, requested to follow my private (!) account on Instagram. I looked up her account, only to realize that she lives in the area where I grew up. I wondered, if I did know her after all or if we had mutual friends, so I made an exception and accepted her request. I sent her a nice message, inquiring if we knew each other. She only confirmed her hometown. Two days later, she unfollowed me again. I sent her another message to find out if she indeed did what I thought she did: request to follow me, so I follow her back, only to then unfollow me again. Guys, she didn’t even deny it. She flat out said that she was trying to get more followers. Say what? I thought that was a big no-no, and by requesting to follow a private account no less! Major pet peeve!!!
3. IG stories. I know I am pretty much alone in this (I think), but I have a really hard time with Instagram Stories, especially accounts that document their whole daily life on there. (How? How and when do you have time for this?) If that is you, no hard feelings and more power to you. I wish I had the time and bandwidth to keep up with everyone that way, but I don’t. If I open IG stories and see a gazillion snippets at the top, most times, I just close out of stories again. I still come to Instagram for the photo content first and foremost.
4. When someone says to me “you look tired”. (I know most people mean well, when they ask that, and yes, maybe I do look tired sometimes – don’t we all? – but honestly, I often just want to scream back “I already went to the gym before work this morning, what have you accomplished before showing up here?)
5. People with an inflated sense of their own importance. (Know anyone like that?)
What is one of your current pet peeves?
I am doing NaBloPoMo this month. 30 blog posts in 30 days. Come join me. #nablopomo2019