I have to say upfront, I can’t take credit for this recipe. It’s a Trader Joe’s Dinner Hack that I found on Cup of Joe but we’ve been making it quite a bit and it’s too good not to share. The recipe calls for only 5 items (all from Trader Joe’s, not counting the condiments) and dinner is ready in about 15 minutes.
The sweet potato gnocchi are from the frozen section and come in a light butter and sage sauce, so there is no need for making any other sauces or adding a ton of extra spices (besides a bit of parmesan and pepper to taste).
I don’t know about you, but I really appreciate simple and quick dinners during the week that can be whipped up with a handful of ingredients and don’t require a lot of work when I get home from work.
And if they’re tasty? Even better!
- 1 pckg TJ Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage (pre-cooked)
- 1 pckg TJ Sweet Potato Gnocchi (frozen)
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms
- 4 oz arugula
- 4 oz grape tomatoes
- TJ Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Slice sausage and mushrooms and brown in 1TL olive oil over medium heat, turning occasionally. Remove from pan.
- Make gnocchi in the empty skillet according to package directions, adding 1/4 cup of water. Cook for 6-7 minutes total. Add back mushrooms, sausage and the halved tomatoes to the pot and heat everything through. Toss in the arugula and stir until it starts to wilt.
- Just before serving, top with parmesan and black pepper.
Do you have any other quick and easy dinner hack recipes that you’d like to share?