1. Bookbub.com I’ve been signed up to this website/app for a while and I have no idea why I haven’t mentioned it sooner because it is truly awesome. If you’re an avid reader, and I know some of you are, you want to check this out (if you don’t already know about it). Bookbub.com keeps track of free or discounted ebook deals on various sites (like Amazon and Barnes & Nobles) and alerts you every day with a list of available ebooks that you can then download for free (or a fraction of the normal price). I admit, I often don’t know of the books and go by reviews and cover design (hey, who doesn’t care about the cover at least a little bit?), but at least I have a stack of (free) books now to choose from on my nook, if I am in a pickle.
2. I go through phases, but I always come back to Wasa light rye crispbread. You can find it in the ‘cracker section’ at the supermarket, but it really is bread (in my opinion). I love it with cheese or meat spreads. It’s high in fiber and low in calories and the perfect breakfast or snack. Two slices only have 60 calories.
3. The Hemingway App. Have you heard of it? If you write a lot, you probably have heard of this awesome online app that will help “polish” your writing.
4. Shea Moisture Argan Oil & Raw Shea Body Wash I love this body wash. It smells heavenly and feels very luxurious. Also, it has natural ingredients.
5. Overdrive in combination with our (digital) local library. As I am trying to incorporate more reading into my life again, I’ve re-discovered the awesomeness of the digital library. It’s been so nice to have so many books on your digital fingertips for free. Only downside: why do all the books I have “on hold” always become available at the same time? It’s like Murphy’s Law, right?
6. If you know me you know that I’m a huge fan of tomato soup. I usually like to make it from scratch (because it’s pretty easy), but I also found a canned tomato soup that is really, really good (and I usually scoff at canned soup!). Try Amy’s Chunky Tomato Bisque. I promise, you won’t regret it.