1. Beer. I know, I know. I come from the land of good beer and how can I not like it, but I just don’t. I don’t like the taste and I don’t see the point of advice that I’ve repeatedly gotten from people: just keep drinking it, you’ll eventually like it. WHY WOULD I DO THAT?
2. Liver. I am not a picky eater at all and I will (almost) try anything, but liver I cannot stomach. Actually, I can’t even swallow… it makes me gag. Liverwurst on the other hand = love!
3. Hot feet. While I am not a fan of cold feet either, I hate when it’s so hot in the summer that my feet get all hot and puffy. Worst feeling ever. I have to take a cold foot-bath before I go to bed sometimes, because it bothers me so much.
4. Clubs. I’ve never been a club person. I had my fair share of danced-through-nights in my twenties, but I never liked clubs. And I was definitely not someone who would go out every Friday and Saturday.
5. Horror movies. I know, it’s that time of year and most people are eagerly awaiting Halloween, but I do not get anything out of scary movies. In fact, I really don’t enjoy them or want to sit through them (much to J’s dismay).
6. YA Dystopian novels. I am sorry but I am not sorry that I won’t jump on that bandwagon. You might say that I haven’t read enough books to really have an opinion about it, but the 2 or 3 books that I have read (or heard about) did not convince me that this is anything that I would enjoy anytime soon. Time is too precious.
7. Dubbed movies. Holy hell. Is there anything more annoying than dubbed movies? You might find subtitles just as bad, but I prefer subtitles over dubbed movies any day. You see, in Germany most movies are dubbed and the thing is: often NOT VERY WELL. I know why they do it (people are lazy and not fluent enough in English or other languages), but good god, it’s so bad. Voices often are completely ‘off’ from the original voices of the actors (why do they do that? Why don’t they try to find voice-overs with similar voices?) and translations are so, so bad. I don’t think I can ever watch a dubbed movie (or TV series) ever again.
8. Lipstick. I can get on board with lipgloss, but lipstick? I don’t know how to pull that off.