As you might remember, I made some goals for the month of February and I wanted to recap on how I did. I think I did okay.
Practice to say “no”: I think I am getting better. I did say “yes” to two things, not because I felt obligated, but because I wanted to. That’s different. Right?
Stop volunteering my time: I did not volunteer my time this month. It goes hand in hand with the “saying no” and I think I did a good job on that.
Finish a book: Big fail. I don’t know where the time went, but I did not pick up and read a book during the month of February at all. (Unless you want to count the book that I bought at the thrift store and that I flipped through.) I did read – from cover to back – two of the magazines that I subscribe to, and that makes me kind of proud, because I haven’t really thoroughly enjoyed my magazine subscriptions lately.
Write and send out two letters: I only wrote one letter, but made up for the second one with a bunch of hand-written cards. I’d say, that counts!
Manage my time better and do things that I love and enjoy: Success! I’ve started going back to the gym 3x per week and I’ve taken two whole weekend days to craft and blog. This makes my heart happy.
And then, holy hell, it’s March already!
There are a lot of things happening in March.
1) March is a busy birthday month in our family. 5 family members – including me! – are March babies. My cousin’s birthday is on March, 4, my sister and I celebrate our shared birthday on March, 10, my nephew is turning 1 year old on March, 14 and my uncle’s birthday is on March, 16.
I also know at least 10 other March birthday boys and girls. Yep, March is a popular month to be born :)
2) I am planning a trip down to SoCal after my birthday to hang out and go thrift shopping with my MIL.
3) We’re possibly planning a trip to Napa for my birthday. A little wine tasting and shopping at Dean & Deluca is never a bad idea, don’t you agree?
4) We might start looking at apartments. Yay! I think I’ve mentioned it a few times before, but I’ve been dying to move to a bigger place. Our tiny 1-bedroom apartment is getting ooold. I love the big windows, the natural light, the hardwood floors, but that about sums it up. Our next place has to step it up a (few) notch(es).
5) Did I mention that Indie Biz 3.0 starts today? I am super-stoked. I worked on my Student Workbook this weekend and I am ready to roll.
What’s happening for you in March?
* * *
P.S. One thing I can’t help to mention: yesterday a year ago , I lost my Granddad. It feels kind of odd, because I remember exactly where I was when I received the devastating phone call from my sister. I felt not only miles, but light years away from home and incredibly alone. It’s hard to fathom that a whole year has passed since that day. Time goes by so fast.