All I want for Christmas this year is – again! – for this virus to go away and for everyone to see their families and loved ones without having to take precautions. I know this year seems a little better than last year and lots of people will undoubtedly get together, but we will still not travel for the holidays this year.
So let’s distract ourselves with some pretty things and shiny objects, shall we? I put together a little holiday wish list/gift guide for you, so we can all feel like it’s a regular old and boring Christmas around here. You’re welcome.
Admittedly, I have a little bit of a love-hate relationship with gift guides because I don’t really want to buy into the consumerism around the holidays, but I do love finding inspiration and discovering new things that I had no idea existed but that others recommend! I hope I can do the same for you here.
Some of these things on my list are things I own and love, some of these things are on my personal wish list or I think they’d make nice, useful gifts. Maybe you’ll find some gift inspiration here, too.
1. Come on, you knew Puzzles* would be on the list, right? (I don’t do them nearly as often as I would like, but everybody likes puzzles.)
2. I bought this Tree of Life Facial Serum Trio a while back on a whim (because I wanted to see what they hype is about) and I must say, I am pleasantly surprised by this (very affordable) trio of facial serums. Would make a nice gift.
3. I picked up this mini felt garland at Trader Joe’s the other day and it just puts me in a good mood. One cannot have too many garlands for the holidays.
4.I received this ‘earth’ optical illusion lamp last year as a gift and I love it. It looks really nice and creates a pleasant ambience. It almost has a 3D feel to it when it’s turned on.
5. I have not tried this hair product myself, but have heard good thing about the Elizavecca Hair mask here and there. Inclined to give it a try sometime.
6. I am appalled sometimes about our use of paper towels, so these Reusable Paper Towels sound like a good alternative. Has anyone made the switch?
7. Not that I have much space for a decorative item like this in my small kitchen, but a Recipe Book Stand* does usually come in handy (you got to put your recipe somewhere) and bonus points, if it looks pretty, too.
8. I watched Samin Nosrat’s four-part Netflix series Salt Fat Acid Heat* and was fascinated. The book is probably equally worthwhile.
9. As we can all not have enough reusable water bottles, I usually am drawn to the pretty ones. Like this National Parks of the USA Insulated Water Bottle* from the Parks Project. If someone loves the National Parks and the outdoors, this is probably a gift they would appreciate.
10. My favorite running socks are from Balega*. I love giving and receiving them as gifts. I know, socks are often considered “awful” holiday gifts, haha, but not for me!
11. I’ve given cute (inexpensive) jewelry like this floating heart necklace* to friends before and they’ve loved it. It’s a small gesture of friendship.
12. If you are like most normal people, you can always find use for more pretty journals*, amirite? Haha.
13. Give someone (or yourself) the gift of an electric milk frother. It’s a little luxury that you don’t want to miss during the holidays. I have the one pictured above, this link* is for the updated model, I believe.
14. I brought one of these Collapsible Shopping Baskets from Germany and I swear, everywhere I take it (mostly to Trader Joe’s or the Farmers Market), someone will comment on this basket. It does make shopping a bit more pleasant, I’ll have to say.
15. Isn’t this Crate Collective Pakkawood Spurtles Set* the most beautiful kitchen utensil set? This is the equivalent of a pretty mug to have your coffee or tea from. Nice utensils make cooking/baking that much more exciting!
And there you have it… a little random hodgepodge of gift ideas and recommendations.
What’s one of your favorite gifts you’ve ever received? And which item would you give to others over and over?
* #notanad, This is not a sponsored post. I have not been compensated by the brand or anyone else for linking the websites.