Do you love or hate the holiday gift guides that are popping up all over the Internet this time of year? I personally don’t have anything against some gift inspirations and I enjoy these posts quite a bit. Sometimes I even find something that I would actually gift someone for Christmas, believe it or not.
I’ve never officially done a Holiday Gift Guide on this blog before, but I have shared Christmas wish lists in the past and I thought I’d do that again this year. You never know if that might also be gift inspiration for others. I came up with a list of (mostly) inexpensive things that I think would make great holiday gifts AND which I wouldn’t mind finding under my tree this holiday season. Of course, those are all really just “would-love-to-have” items.
Christmas is by no means all about the gifts (although it might often seem that way), and I feel that the most important thing about the holidays is spending time with family and friends (if that’s possible), but I personally also love the gift-giving. I wish I was someone who would completely forego the Christmas shopping madness, but I also have to admit that I love shopping for small gifts for my family and friends around this time of year and I equally enjoy putting a little wish list together for myself. Although for me, it is more about the gesture and thoughtfulness behind the gift than the actual monetary value.
My biggest wish – as always – would be to go home for the holidays, but since this won’t be happening (for the fourth year in a row – womp, womp!), I am going to fill my holiday season with all the holiday cheer I can get my hands on. Sharing a little wishlist of pretty (and functional!) things that would be lovely to have is one way to do this. A little dreaming has never hurt anyone, am I right?
1. Ello Mesa Ceramic Tumbler // 2. Medal Board// 3. Leuchtturm 1917 Journal //
4. IVVIC Long Sleeve Shirt // 5. Thomtery Gym Bag // 6. Enamel Moomin mug //
7. portable Bluetooth keyboard // 8. Flipbelt // 9. Oiselle Flyte Full Zip Running Jacket // 10. Unicorn USB flash drive // 11. Milestone Pod // 12. Karma T-Shirt // 13. Hydro Flask
As you can see, there is a bit of a theme to my wish list this year… lots of running-related items. How did that happen? Mmmh…
1. I am sure you agree that coffee (or tea) just taste better out of a ceramic mug. That has been the only criticism I have of travel mugs, because even stainless steel makes the coffee taste different. That’s why I am super-intrigued by this Ello Mesa 14-Ounce Ceramic Tumbler with Lid, and it’s pretty, too.
2. I have enough medals by now that they warrant their own medal board. I love this wooden one that I found on Etsy.
3. I might be venturing out in 2018 and try my hand at bullet journaling (instead of buying an expensive planner) and quite a few people have recommended the Leuchtturm 1917 Journal and I think that might work.
4. I am always looking for long-sleeve shirts with thumb holes (aren’t they the most comfortable?) and I came across this IVVIC Gradient color Long Sleeve Shirt on Amazon and I think it’s so pretty.
5. I’ve been looking for a new gym bag. The one that I have is getting kinda old (I had that one for 25 years – gasp!) and I found this Thomtery Gym Bag with Shoes Compartment. What I like about it is that it functions as a gym bag but can also be worn as a backpack (for travel). It has a shoe compartment (very important to me!) and that it has a zippered flap that makes it easier to access the contents in the bag (rather than just a zipper across the top).
6. I know, I know, I really don’t need another mug, but I’ve been eyeing this Enamel Moomin mug like forever. Don’t you love the Moomins?
7. Now that I own a Fire HD 8 tablet, I am in accessory-mode. I’d love a small portable Bluetooth keyboard to take on the road for short trips. How perfect would that be?
8. I own an Amphipod running belt, but I’ve heard so many good things about the Flipbelt (and it looks like it would be less bulky and stay in place better than the Amphipod belt.
9. I think I’ve wanted this Oiselle Flyte Full Zip Running Jacket since the first time I saw it on someone on Instagram. It just looks so cozy and comfy. I love the color too. I just haven’t shelled out the money for more expensive running clothing like that.
10. OMG, how cute is this Unicorn USB flash drive?
11. As I mentioned before, I am a statistics nerd and I’ve heard from a few people that they love the feedback that the Milestone Pod provides You clip it on your running shoe and it tells you about your foot strike, cadence, stride length, leg swing, rate of impact and ground contact time. Pretty sweet. I wouldn’t mind adding this to my list of gadgets.
12. This Karma T-Shirt is just the coolest. Enough said.
13. I am thinking that I probably should at some point invest in a decent hydration bottle. As of right now, I am using a plastic bottle (that I got in a swag bag) at the gym and I have a small hand-held Nathan bottle that I sometimes take on my long runs, but I really would like to get a Hydro Flask.
So there you have it, my wish list. Not really things that I desperately need, but this is what wish lists are for, right?
What’s on your wish list?