I know, I know, we’re little over the halfway mark of this year already, but it occurred to me just now that I had set some tentative
goals guidelines for this year and that it might be a good idea to check in. Which means, I had to dig through my archives and find the post where I listed those goals (and see what they actually were, haha!) and figure out if I was brave enough to publicly share here how I have been doing (or if I should just let sleeping dogs lie and just pretend that post never happened.)
I am not really this great with new year’s resolutions and the like (which doesn’t mean I don’t have goals I am working towards), but I do like list-making and crossing off of things… so I guess, this is where these two meet.
Well, turns out, I am actually not doing all that bad either, so of course, I am going to share the status quo with you guys, because a) I don’t feel too embarrassed and b) maybe this will hold me accountable, too, going forward.
1. Fill a jar with notes of happiness. Yes. J and I have been writing down one happy thought for the week every Sunday for the last 28 weeks. I hope we can keep this up, this is really fun and I can’t wait to read through all of them at the end of the year.
2. Run 1000 miles. On track. Well, actually I am a little bit behind. My tracker stands at 460 miles, but I think that I might still be able to catch up if I set my mind to it. I was a bit derailed by my ankle pain and didn’t run as much as scheduled for a couple of weeks.
3. Cross train. Kinda. I definitely did more cross-training than before, but I could still be more diligent. Oh yeah, and have I mentioned yoga lately? I definitely should go back to yoga.
4. Read 25 books. Done. As of right now, I have read 42 books and I don’t even know myself anymore. Last year, I didn’t think it was possible to fit more reading into my week, but I am so happy that I am making more time for books again.
5. Invest some time in my Etsy shop. Nope. Big fat fail so far. I had a handful of orders in the first half of this year and designed a Thank you-card for a wedding, but that’s pretty much it. My creative juices seem to be dried up currently. Sigh. Maybe they’ll come back to me in the second half of the year? One can hope.
How are you doing with your goals so far?