1) Instagram – I love Instagram with a passion. It’s without a doubt my favorite social media platform. I have two accounts – a private one (@san_in_ca) and a public one for my blog (@theinbetweenismine.blog). Do you follow me? Or, more importantly, do I follow you?
2) Pocket The Pocket app is such a life saver (it works as a browser add-on, too!). It’s the place where I can save all my recipes, blog posts, ideas and shopping websites on the go and easily find everything later. Thanks again for recommending this web service, Dominique.
3) Mailbox Outlook Mail I used to love the Mailbox app, but it got discontinued a couple of days ago, so I had to look for a replacement. My current favorite is the Outlook Mail app (who would have thought?). It has a neat design, separates ímportant email (focused) from everything else (other) and is generally pleasing to the eye and easy to use. I like.
4) Hootsuite – I prefer Hootsuite over the official Twitter app. Well, at least that was the case when they had my own tweets and @replies color-coded (which they’ve gone back and forth about between recent updates – note to Hootsuite: please bring it back!). I do like the way you can “quote” other tweets, but I am currently checking out the regular Twitter app again. Which app do you use?
5) Runtastic Pro – I am paying for this app, because I wanted to be able to take advantage of all the training plans they offer (otherwise you pay for each plan individually). This has really helped me get back into regular exercise and even run a race!
6) Whatsapp – This app – who doesn’t know it? – has been such a game changer when it comes to messaging with people overseas (and I do that alot!).
7) Facebook – I don’t spend a ton of time on Facebook, but of course, I am checking in regularly.
8) Fitbit I’ve been using the Fitbit app longer than I had a Fitbit and it’s a perfect tool to hold me accountable in regards to getting my steps in and tracking food and water intake. I don’t do this religiously, but it helps to keep an eye on what I am doing.
9) YNAB I’ve been using the budgeting software YNAB for almost a year now and I love it. The app simply integrates with the software and makes it really easy to track spending on the go.
10) Dashlane – If I ever lose my master password for this app (which I don’t think will happen, but…), I am screwed. This app holds ALL my passwords. I wish not every side demanded slightly different rules for password creations (some allow special characters, some don’t, some want capitalized letters and numbers, some don’t…), but this is the best way to keep track of all the passwords that you need in this digital age.
11) Evernote – I love this app: for jotting down some notes, for saving knitting patterns and recipes, for saving a quick picture to go along with a note. It’s perfect and so easy to use.
12. Podcasts – I’ve only recently gotten (somewhat) into Podcasts, but it’s nice to have them at your fingertips.
12) Feedly – I don’t do a ton of blog reading on my phone, but the Feedly app definitely is a nice extension to the desktop version and it comes in handy when I am on the go and I quickly want to check in with new blog posts.
4) NextDoor – I’ve only discovered this platform + app after we moved when we received an invitation to join NextDoor from our new neighborhood. It’s a little bit like Facebook, just for your neighborhood with tons of local news, heads-up and neighborly communication. I kinda like it.
15) MLB at Bat This is a must-have during baseball season. Just sayin’.
16) WordPress – I don’t really blog from my phone, but I love the option if I really can’t get to a computer and want to jot down some draft ideas. It doesn’t happen often, but it’s also nice to have the app to quickly correct typos (ahem!) or respond to comments.
* * *
Of course, there are a few more that I use (almost) daily (the Weather app, Frametastic for mosaicking pictures, Phonto (for adding text to pictures), my Calendar app for reminders) but the ones up there are my essentials.
Are there any that you use on a daily basis and would like to recommend?