Ashley wrote an interesting blog post a couple of weeks ago about how your blog and what you put out there can make you and your life look a hell lot more perfect than it probably is, and that is definitely true for me. While I don’t think that my blog makes my life seem all fairy-tale like and perfect, I can still pick and chose what I want you to see and I can leave my shortcomings, failures as a homemaker or wife and other ugly tales hidden in my
draft folder closet.
But in an effort, to be more transparent and to show you “hey, nobody’s perfect, not even me!”, I was going to share my own list of things I do not do.
• I am not always on time. I know I am German and all, but I am really only ever on time when it really matters. Otherwise, I usually work more with the “academic quarter“.
• I don’t shower every day.
• I like to pretend I am a book nerd (because I’ve been all my life), but I haven’t really been reading any substantial amount of books in the last couple of years.
• I don’t have a weekly cleaning schedule. I clean when I feel something needs cleaning.
• I don’t clean (apartment) windows. Period.
• I don’t always cook as healthy as I would like to believe.
• I have not been to the gym in 6 months.
• I don’t follow the (German) news as much as I wish I did.
• I ignore people on the street if I don’t want to talk to them.
• I never go to bed early enough.
• I don’t always say “no” when I probably should.
• I don’t file my papers as regularly as I should.
• I sometimes don’t work as hard as I could, because I can fake a huge amount of work with minimum effort.
Have you written your own list of things you do not do? Share your link!