Self-care is so important and I am a big proponent of some pampering. Especially when we’re stretched thin during a very hectic time in our lives or when we’re in race training. Sometimes pampering yourself can be a matter of an hour to yourself.
Here are my favorite ways to pamper myself:
1. A pedicure — It’s always a treat for me. And ever since I started running, my feet need all the help they can get! Haha.
2. Reading on the couch — I am usually a busy-body who needs to do at least three things at the same time (because ‘OMG, so much to do, so little time!’ ), but I’ve recently rediscovered the joys of just focusing on a book (or magazine) and not feeling guilty about not doing anything else at the same time! It’s been glorious.
3. A massage — I don’t get massages very often (I know, other runners get them regularly), but it’s a special treat after a race or for a special occasion.
4. Yoga — I haven’t been to yoga in a while (ahem!), but when I manage to go, I usually really enjoy it and feel really relaxed and calm afterward. (Note to self: Go back to yoga already!)
5. Skip a workout — I usually don’t like to think of it as ‘skipping’, but rather postponing a workout. Sometimes, you just have to listen to your body and take a rest day when it really wants one (not when the training schedule says you should take it).
What’s your favorite way to pamper yourself?
I am linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five 2.0 Linkup.
9 thoughts on “5 ways to pamper yourself”
Ah, I finally made it back to yoga today – it was so good!
Good for you! :)
Sometimes its so necessary to skip a workout! Are those Birkenstocks? I got my first pair last month and now Im dying to get all the other styles!
Yes, Birkenstocks Gizeh! I also own another pair and they’re so comfortable! :)
Getting a massage is definitely my favorite thing! I should book one between now and the wedding because between being super busy at work and busy with wedding plans, I could use some serious pampering!!
You definitely deserve a massage in between all the planning and organizing!
I always think of doing a pedicure/manicure, yoga, or massage, but I don’t take the steps to actually DO them. I think I would benefit greatly. The main self-care things I do are at home – I take a long, hot bath, I do yoga/stretching in my living room, or I sleep really late on the weekend.
Reading is a great way to relax and pamper yourself – I really need to do it more often!
I love getting pedicures but don’ do them as often as I should, I need to change that!
I definitely agree that postponing a workout can sometimes be the best thing that you do! I plan to pamper my body with some gentle yoga today!
Comments are closed.