1. Visit the Grand Canyon + Antelope Canyon. My parents, sister, BIL + the munchkins will be arriving next week for a few weeks of play and fun! I know I must sound like a broken record by now, but I am just so excited. This is what happens if you only get to see your family for a few short weeks once a year… you can’t stop talking about it when it’s about to happen! They’re finally coming here for the summer and we have some fun things planned. One (or two) of them is taking my sister + BIL to the Grand Canyon + Antelope Canyon, because they’ve never been!
2. Have a BBQ in the park. Since we (still) don’t have a backyard, I want to go to the park for a summer BBQ. It’s one of my favorite summer activities (oh how I miss BBQs in my parents’ backyard) and I can’t wait until we have a grill and patio again.
3. Write more. I wanna get back into the habit of writing more letters, writing in my journal (which I haven’t done in forever!) and establish a more regular posting schedule on this blog. Just write.
4. Take my family out for Sushi. The last time my parents visited (three years ago, gasp!) I introduced them to sushi. They were very reluctant to try it at first, my Mom claimed that she didn’t like raw fish (although she had never tried it, mind you!) and my Dad, generally a food connoisseur, hadn’t had much interest in Asian food at all. Well, let’s just say that by the end of the night, they were total converts! My dad has even asked me repeatedly if we’re going to go have sushi when they’re here. Go figure!
I can’t wait to take them to sushi again (and also introduce my sister + BIL to it :)).
5. Attempt to make homemade ice-cream. I do not have an ice cream maker, but have seen multiple recipes for homemade ice-cream, e.g. popsicles. (I call all of this stuff ice-cream, just FYI.) Since ice-cream is my favorite summer treat, I’d love to give this a try.
6. Start going to the Farmers Market again every week. I loved going to the Farmers Market on Sunday mornings last summer, but even though the Farmers Market is year round, I kind of slacked off during the winter months. I seriously need to get back into a regular Farmers Market routine ASAP.
7. Keep up my workout routine (even if that means – reluctantly – going back to the treadmill when it’s 100+F outside). I cannot let myself slack off this time.
8. Spend more time outdoors. Sometimes I wish the summers were a little bit more moderate where we live (I don’t really do well in the heat, besides the fact that I burn easily and have to be really careful about sun exposure). Nevertheless, I want to find ways to spend more time outside.
9. Get back to using my DSLR. I have to admit, I have gotten kinda lazy lugging my big DSLR around… I really need to get back into the habit of using it and what better excuse than capturing all the beautiful moments of our summer family vacation, right? Exactly.
10. Take my niece and nephew to Disneyland! Pssst, that’s a surprise they don’t know anything about yet. Don’t tell them! :)
What are some of your summer goals?