With only 4 weeks left until Christmas – WHAT? – I really need to get a little to-do list going, because we’re leaving for Germany in less than three weeks!
– Get my Christmas Cards crafted and written. As you might recall from the last couple of years, I usually do massive Christmas Card Exchange on this blog. To be honest, I am not quite sure if I will be able to pull it off this year… so, I haven’t decided if I am going to put a sign up form on this blog this year or not, but rest assured, if you have received a Christmas card from me in previous years, it’s pretty likely that you’re getting one this year either way. (If not, please don’t take it personally… I might have to cut some corners). If you want to swap addresses with me directly (and with some of you, I already have) and send me a card as well, you’re definitely going to be on my list.
– Finish my Christmas list. I’ve already started this list a little while ago, but it’s not complete. For some people it’s harder to shop for than for other. But if you know me a little bit, then you know that I LOVE to buy gifts for people.
– Do the actual shopping/online ordering. I ordered some gifts on Etsy already (I love to support handmade artists) and I will also do some shopping this coming weekend.
– Finish some Christmas projects. As if I am not insane enough to think that I have to make all my Christmas cards by hand, I am also working on some handmade gifts (the ones that I am NOT buying from Etsy, ha!) that I need to get finished and I have a slight feeling that it’ll be a tight squeeze. Cross your fingers for me.
– Try to finish up projects at work. Of course, work before the holidays is busy as well and I have a couple of projects that I need to/would like to wrap up before I leave for my trip. This ultimately translates into working longer days and coming in on my regular days off to get things done. (At least Thanksgiving was one last time to take a deep breath before powering through for the next few weeks.)
– Enjoy the season! Christmas is my favorite time of the year and now that Thanksgiving is behind us, I feel like I am officially allowed to enjoy ALL THE THINGS Christmas…. Christmas cookies, Christmas coffee and tea specialties, Christmas decorations, Christmas music, Christmas movies, and whatever else you can think of. We started the holiday season yesterday with a visit at the Charles Dickens Christmas Fair in San Francisco with my friend Susi and her family. I’ll tell you all about this tomorrow!
What’s on your to-do list for the next few weeks?