Kyria was so sweet and gave me a blog award a little while ago and I am happy to pass this award along by doing the following:
1) Post the award logo on your blog and link back to the person who nominated you.
2) Tell seven things about yourself.
3) Nominate up to 15 additional bloggers whom you think deserve the award.
4) Post a comment on the blog of each nominee to tell them they have been nominated!
Here are the seven things about me.
1. I am a grammar nerd. I always loved grammar in school. While I can tolerate the occasional error or typo, blog posts – and worse FB messages, where I see it much more often – that are riddled with mistakes make me cringe. By no means am I saying that I don’t make the occasional mistake (English is my second language after all), but if you’re publishing anything on a blog, in a public forum or on FB, for peet’s sake, have some kind of grammatical standard.
2. I love dairy. Milk, butter, cheese, yogurt, you name it. I don’t know if I could ever give it up.
3. I don’t really watch any current TV shows. I am not glued to my DVR every night. I mostly watch the news and then occasionally I DVR some silly shows like ‘Sister Wives’ or ‘Veep’, which we watch when we have time or feel like it. I know I am in the minority here, as so many people follow all kind of TV series.
4. I don’t really like avocados, but I love guacamole. Odd? Maybe. I think I like the taste of avocado more than I like the texture of the actual fruit. Maybe that’s why I like it all mashed up (with salsa).
5. I wish I was more fashionable and I wish I had some sort of personal style. I see things on other people or in the store and then buy them because I think they look great, but once I am home, I can’t make those items work for me. My wardrobe is all over the place. I guess, I am – like in so many areas of my life – an eclectic.
6. I’ve become an on-and-off-athlete. Can one say that? Ha! Anyway, the point is: I have phases where I do really, really good with my workouts and then I have phases where I fall completely off the bandwagon. Before you chime in and tell me this is possibly normal, I’d like to point out that I have a degree in P.E. and I have played some kind of sports game (often more than one) throughout my whole life. It still feels odd to me to just go to the gym and not go to tennis or softball practice and play games on the weekends.
7. The only thing I won’t eat is liver. Oh, and I won’t try any other weird animals or insects.
I am nominating a few lovely ladies (I am not sure I am going to make it to 15, but whoever feels like playing along and who I didn’t nominate, is very welcome to participate!):
Chrissy, Terra, Lauryn, Mandy, Erin, StephAnne, Alli, Holly, Mel, Erin, Viviane, and everybody else who would like to have some fun with this!