I was tagged by the lovely Stephany in this meme (actually Erin tagged me, too, a while back) and I thought it would be fun to participate. It’s interesting to learn random facts about people, don’t you agree? Facts that they might usually not blog about!
Here are the rules.
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create
11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
5. No tag backs and you legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Facts About Myself.
- I have a thing for typing. The physical act of typing on a keyboard makes me happy.
- I’m a breakfast person. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day (I miss my German rolls though). Unfortunately, when I work, I don’t usually get to indulge in a big, leisurely breakfast in the morning.
- I love the four seasons.
- I loved math in school. If I hadn’t had ended up with a really awful teacher during the last two years in highschool, I think I might have even considered to study mathematics.
- I consider myself borderline-ambidextrous. I can do a lot of things well with my left hand (not write though) and during my broad jump (long jump?) exam in College, I spontaneously and unintentionally switched my takeoff leg from right to left (with nearly the same outcome).
- I also could have been an excellent javelin thrower, if I had known before College that I was any good at it.
- I’ve never been in any debt.
- I’d really like to have a cat, but our landlord doesn’t allow cats in our apartment. It’s a real bummer and the only thing I needed to give up on (at least for now) when we moved there last summer.
- All but one of my best friends I have met through letter-writing/blogging/the Internet. (Yes, before there was the Internet, I wrote letters with people I had never met!)
- I really enjoy romantic comedies and one of my favorite movies is “Jerry McGuire”. I think Tom Cruise could have been a fantastic comedian.
- I sometimes read geology books in bed. I am a nerd.
11 Questions to Answer.
1. When was the last time you felt proud of yourself?
I’m very proud that I stuck out a battle with our health insurance company and finally got them to pay what they were supposed to pay in the first place. If you are not persistent with those jerks, they try to get away with not paying for the most straight-forward bills.
2. What is your definition of success? Of failure?
I guess, success for me is if you’re brave enough to set out on a journey, for just trying to get somewhere…. regardless of how far you get or if you make it to the “imaginary” finish line. Being able to say, I tried and I tried my best, is all that matters in life. In that regard, there is only one definition of failure – not even trying.
3. What is your favorite day of the year?
This is kind of a difficult question to answer, but I guess one of my favorite days must be Christmas when all my family comes together.
4. When you go to the mall, do you go with a specific purchase in mind, or just go to browse?
Usually, IF I go to the mall at all, I go with a specific purchase (or store) in mind, but sometimes end up browsing a few more stores than intended. I guess, that’s the nature of the beast, so to speak. You’re at a mall after all. Having said that, I hardly ever go to the mall for shopping.
5. What is the next vacation you’re looking forward to?
Unfortunately, after just having gotten back from a visit back home, I don’t see any (longer) vacation in my near future. It really makes me want to cry. The meager number of vacation days in the US makes it nearly impossible to go any places, if you plan to go to Europe at least once a year (which I know, for many is a great destination to go, but for me it’s a “necessity” to see family and friends!). So, as of right now, Christmas is going to be my next real vacation, but I am hoping to squeeze in some weekend trips with my husband this summer.
6. Do you use a planner? Paper or electronic?
Yes, I do have a planner – actually, two. I use a paper planner (that my Mom got me for Christmas), because I like to physically write stuff down, and I also use my phone, where I can set reminders and such. The combination of both works well for me.
7. What is your must-have beauty product?
Moisturizer, preferably tinted (because it takes care of two problems at once).
8. What was the last book you read? What did you think about it?
The last book I read was “The Marriage Plot” by Jeffrey Eugenides for #twookclub. I had a hard time getting into the book and to me, the story line was all over the place. There was a lot of ‘unnecessary’ information, IMHO, that didn’t really support the plot in any way. It was just an alright read for me.
9. What Internet browser do you use the most?
Firefox (on Windows) and Safari (on Mac).
10. When was the last time you went to the dentist?
Ha. Funny that you’d ask, because I just made an appointment with a (new) dentist for the middle of February. I think I haven’t been to a dentist in 1,5 years, but mainly because we were very unsatisfied with our previous dentist and had a hard time finding (and getting recommendations) for a new one.
11. Which is the bigger time-suck for you: Facebook or Twitter… or something else?
Definitely Twitter. I use Hootsuite on my phone and it’s fast and convenient to check tweets. I can also access Facebook on my phone, but the interface is more cumbersome, so I usually just glance over the Facebook posts, whereas I am much more diligent in catching up on my Twitter feed.
Here Are My Questions
- What’s one of your bad habits that you would like to get rid off?
- What is one of your best qualities?
- Is there a person that you admire? For what?
- What’s your all-time favorite movie?
- Do you have a lot of IRL friends that blog or are you the only one?
- What’s the best thing that happened to you through blogging?
- Do you enjoy flying or is it more of an means to an end for you?
- What’s your biggest emotional outlet?
- How often do you check your emails?
- Name three things you can’t live without.
- Recommend one blog you really enjoy.