Aren’t long weekends the best?
I had been looking forward to this long weekend for the whole month of May, since the last few weeks had been so busy with the move and lots of stuff going on at work.
I know I am pretty spoiled with my 3-day weekends as it is, but to be honest, 4-day weekends are even that much better ;) Especially when that long weekend falls on a very special day.
1. Friday was J and my 5th anniversary. J surprised me with this huge flower bouquet. It’s so beautiful and it holds seven different kinds of flowers. The smell they spread throughout our whole apartment is just lovely. There truly is something to say about how a bouquet of fresh flowers in the house makes every day so much brighter! :)
To be quite honest though, I can hardly wrap my mind around the fact that we’ve been married for 5 years already! Sometimes it seems like time has stood still since we met, other times it seems like I’ve known J forever.
2. On Sunday, we took a walk down memory lane and spent an afternoon in Davis (where we met). We walked around the Campus and downtown and reminisced about the good old times.
3. We visited the Arboretum, where we used to spend many hours…
4. … and walked by the library…
5. … we visited the cows behind J’s old dorms (and there was still this familiar smell) …
6. … and walked across the beautiful Campus Quad.
It was lovely and strange at the same time to visit all these old familiar places. We hadn’t been in Davis for a while, even though it’s only 20 minutes from where we live now.
The rest of the weekend consisted of sleeping in, pizza, watching movies, running errands and long walks. I also went to IKEA and picked up a few more things for our apartment. It’s coming together. There will soon be pictures, peeps. I hope you’ll be patient just a little longer!