For the Friday Five 2.0 Linkup with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness, we’re sharing a gift guide for athletes. Some people are hard to shop for, but I dare to say that athletes are not those kinds of people. There is always something useful that you can get an athlete. Here are five ideas:
1) Yes, a long sleeve running sweater with a hoodie and thumb holes. That’s pretty much all I want in a running sweater! Thumb holes FTW!
2) Running socks. One can never have too many and they made a HUGE difference for me. I used to get blisters and didn’t realize that my socks were to blame. My favorites currently are Balega socks and double-layer Wrightsocks. They have a snug fit, are a polyester-nylon blend and successfully help to prevent blisters.
3) Momentum Jewelry Motivational Wraps are always a great gift idea. They are affordable, look awesome and come in different colors and different motivational phrases. A must-have for every athlete.
4) I enjoy a good running book, don’t you? You haven’t read any? Well, you should. Here are a few suggestions (not all of which I have read myself yet, but which come highly recommended). Running – A Love Story by Jennifer Miller, Born to Run by Christopher McDougall, Your pace or mine? by Lisa Jackson
5) Oh, these are so pretty. Everyone could use a new pair of fancy running pants, am I right?
What other gifts do you think are awesome for athletes?