Last week, my sweet blog friend Stephany nominated me for the Liebster Award. I’ve been particularly thrilled, because did you notice that this award contains a German word! “Liebster” means “loveliest” or “most favorite” and it makes my heart happy to know that Stephany would consider my blog for this award, so thank you!!!
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs!
11 Random Things About Me
- My love for written communication goes back to elementary school. I had my first pen friend in 2nd grade.
- Sometimes I feel like quitting all social media… until I don’t.
- I’ve never owned a car completely by myself.
- Sadly, I often feel that I expect too much from other people because I am willing to do as much for them.
- I love German licorice.
- I feel I have an unhealthy emotional attachment to my iPhone. But then again, I know other people have that, too and I don’t feel so bad.
- I have way too many hobbies and not enough time.
- I consider myself an eclectic – in any possible context and regard.
- Recently, I discovered my love for flats. I am somewhat of a late-bloomer when it comes to certain fashion ideas.
- I am not necessarily a big fan of flying, but I love the atmosphere at airports.
- Being an aunt is one of the greatest experiences of my life.
1. If you could travel to any country in Europe and spend a month living there with no cost to you… what country would you choose?
I assume that is a much more interesting question for the Americans, since I lived most of my life in Germany and have traveled repeatedly to many different European countries. If I could choose one country to live for a whole month, it would either be Ireland or Sweden or Norway (I haven’t seen any of the Scandinavian countries yet). I’ve always been fascinated by the geology of those places and would love to visit.
2. What do you love most about yourself?
This is a hard question to answer, but I think what I love most about myself is that I am an eternal optimist and always believe in the best in people. I am also very loyal and never give up on anybody. Sometimes this can be a bit of a burden, but at the same time, I wouldn’t want to miss this about me.
3. What did you do for your last birthday?
We spent my last birthday (almost a year ago… it’s coming up again in a couple of weeks!) in San Francisco. We had a hotel right in the heart of the city, we had delicious food all weekend and walked a lot. All the beautiful views are totally worth it.
4. Who has been the most influential person in your life thus far?
Probably my Dad. I’ve always been a Daddy’s girl (although for the record I’d like to emphasize that I also have a very wonderful relationship with my Mom) and he’s always been one of the guiding figures in my life. He taught me to love physical activity and a healthy lifestyle (he’s a P.E. teacher and avid sportsman). He has always been my advocate and cheerleader. He believes in my abilities and is proud of my accomplishments.
5. What’s your favorite food to snack on?
I usually go through phases, but I currently love to snack on nuts and salty snacks.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Passive-aggressiveness. It literally drives me up the walls. I’d much rather have someone be straight-forward and honest than play games.
7. What’s the next step for you, career-wise?
I work in a great group of scientists and are currently hoping for a re-negotiation of my current position.
8. Recommend a blog to me! Whose blog should I be reading and why?
I think you should read my sweet friend Maegan’s blog: SAHMaegan.com. She writes about being a SAH-mom, family, friendship, faith and books! Also: she’s fabulous!
9. What’s the scariest thing you’ve done in your life?
The scariest (and most exciting) thing I’ve done in my life so far has been following my heart and moving my life from Germany to California. Sometimes scary is good. We need to push ourselves out of our comfort zones sometimes.
10. In your opinion, what celebrity is overrated?
Brad Pitt. Tremendously. I don’t think that he’s really that good looking and I also don’t see him as an outstanding actor. He’s pretty mediocre to me overall (sorry if I am stepping on some people’s toes with this one!).
11. If you could have a role in any show on TV currently, what show would it be and why?
I’d love to be part of the “The Newsroom”. I love the show and the characters and once upon a time, I wanted to become a journalist myself, so it would be kind of cool to slip into this role for a while. I also love the political edge of the show.
11 Questions For You
- How did you come up with and what’s the meaning behind your blog name?
- What is one of your must-have beauty products?
- Are you a coffee or tea drinker? Recommend your favorite store-bought brand.
- What is one of the hardest things you ever had to do?
- Tell me about one of your favorite people. What makes them so special?
- What is your all-time favorite movie?
- If you don’t feel like preparing dinner, what’s your go-to emergency dish?
- What is one favorite thing you like to do for yourself?
- Do you play an instrument?
- How do you keep up with blogs? Do you subscribe by email? Do you use bookmarks? Google Reader? Other blog services?
- Tell me about one of your favorite blogs to read and why you love it.
11 People to Tag
- Maegan from SAHMaegan.
- Kat from Thoughts and Things.
- Chrissy from Whimsical Poppysmic.
- Lisa from Lisa’s Yarns.
- Fee from Fee ist mein Name.
- Stevie from Seattle Stevie.
- Erin from Reinventing Erin.
- Nilsa from Somi Speaks.
- Tina from Cup of Tina.
- Tara from Five Minute Warning.
- Nadine from Time to Shine.
… and anyone else who wants to participate. I honestly think you’re all awesome and deserve this award, so feel free to play along!